We’re gonna start a new tradition over here on The Sunflower Files.
Each Friday, I’ll post a fun new recipe and my #FiveFridayFaves (aka a handful of things I’m currently obsessed with).
Sound like a plan?
Great. Let’s start with the recipe. Yummmm.
So here’s the frittata. In all it’s fabulousness.
We start with onions (cause all good things start with onions…).
Cooking them first allows for sweet, golden caramelization.
After the onions have cooked down for a bit, we add the seasonings, garlic, and broccoli.
Covering the skillet for a hot second allows the broccoli to steam.
Then throw in a can of salmon. Cause why not?
Mix the eggs, egg whites, and almond milk in a separate bowl, then pour into the skillet.
All that’s left? Some oven time.
Bake for 20 minutes – or until the eggs are set.
Top it off with some fresh cherry tomatoes and feta.
Serve it up!
Easy as that.
Now let’s dive into my #FiveFridayFavs shall we?
1. Misfits Market: It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of theirs. Rescuing produce that would be wasted? Providing high quality produce to consumers at a discount? Shipping it straight to your door? I don’t think vegetables could get any more fun.
2. Cereal: Specifically rice krispies with raisins. This combo with forever remind me of my dad. Deliciously nostalgic and fabulous.
3. Banded Workouts: I’ve been incorporating bands into my workouts and holy moley sore! Using bands creates a constant state of resistance for your muscles. Meaning they are continually enraged and strengthening. Some studies have shown banded moves to be more effective in building lean muscle mass. It is a great option for travel / at home as well.
4. Athleta Leggings: These ones are my favorite. Super soft and with pockets on the sides!
5. Georgia Grinders Hazelnut Butter: It lives up to the hype y’all. Just hazelnuts and salt. Perfection. Stay tuned for a delicious hazelnut biscotti recipe hitting the blog soon!
That’s all for now folks!
Have a great weekend!
Caramelized Onion, Broccoli, and Salmon Frittata with Feta
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 handfuls broccoli florets
- 1 can of salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and onions. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the spices, garlic, and broccoli. Cover and steam fro 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salmon.
- Mix the eggs and milk in a bowl, then pour into the skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with cherry tomatoes and feta.