What do you get when you combine a box of imperfectly perfect apples and a rainy Saturday?
The golden opportunity for my first homemade applesauce adventure.
And friends let me tell ya, I will never buy store-bought applesauce again! Four ingredients. Ten minutes. Bowls on jars on bowls of beautiful goodness.
Just look at it though…
How do you like them apples?!
But really, y’all are gonna thank me for this one.
It’s almost magic how these little misfit beauties transform into silky heaven.
Oh and if you don’t just eat it all up immediately, check out my Mandarin Honey Cornmeal Skillet and Orange Coconut Cornmeal Loaves. Both made with this very applesauce!
- 6 apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used Soom Foods Silan)
- Wash the apples well, then slice into 4 large pieces per apple. *Peeling is optional.
- Dump the apples, water, and cinnamon into your instant pot.
- Seal and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Allow for slow release for 5 minutes, then manual release the remaining pressure.
- Stir in your sweetener of choice, while slightly mashing with a fork.
- Let the apple mix cool, then transfer to a blender or food processor to puree until silky smooth.