Want to have cake for breakfast?
Bake banana bread in a round pan and smear a generous layer of sweet potato chocolate frosting all over the top.
The breakfast of champions.
It’s no secret that I love banana bread.
Like a-loaf-a-week kind of love.
You know what else I love?
My sweet potato chocolate frosting.
So why not combine the two?
Fabulous deliciouness ensued.
Let’s start with the cake.
Because of the bananas, only a bit of honey is used for a subtle sweetness. A dollop of greek yogurt and some coconut oil provide a moist richness.
Since this is essentially a banana bread recipe, feel free to bake in a loaf pan.
But a round cake seems fancier, right?
And we all wanna be fancy breakfasts eaters.
And the best part of round, cake-like baked goods?
Frosting is a necessity.
Especially when it’s my four ingredient vegan chcolate frosting.
Made with sweet potatoes.
I know, I know…a bit weird.
But don’t knock it til ya try it!
Just trust me on this one.
Don’t be skimpy.
Since this is a cake, why not add some fun decoration?
Cause we’ve gotta be fancy and extra. Always.
I added some coconut cookies and flakes on top!
Now you may eat.
Cut yourself a big ‘ol slice and enjoy.
I had some with my coffee this morning.
It was the perfect pair!
What are you waiting for?
Dig in already!
Banana Cake with Vegan Chocolate Frosting
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil *melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 medium sweet potato *roasted
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the mashed bananas with the rest of the wet ingredients,
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then fold into the wet batter.
- Scoop into a lined 6″ round pan. (or other baking dish)
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Blend the peeled roasted* sweet potato with the almond milk and maple syrup.
- When smooth, add the cacao powder.
- After the cake has cooled, smear on a generous amount of frosting and enjoy!