I’m just gonna say it.
I love canned salmon.
Unpopular opinion? Probably. But I’m stickin to it.
It’s cheap. It’s reliable. It’s a nutrient power house.
And it’s easy to jazz up.
Example? These Baja Cubano Salmon Burgers. They’re the flavor explosion power house you didn’t even know you needed.
Perfect for meal prep and welcoming to all of your favorite toppings for – no more sad desk lunches here. Cause when I lunch, I lunch hard.
Baja Cubano Salmon Burgers
- 1/2 cup steamed butternut squash cubes
- 1 tbsp mayo (I use Sir Kensignton's)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 tsp Eat Earth Table Cubano seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 cans wild caught salmon
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2/3 cup ground flaxseed
- In a food processor or blender, blend the butternut squash, mayo, dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar together with the spices until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and add the egg.
- Dump in the salmon, onions, parsley, and flaxseed. Stir until combined.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- Cook on the stove over medium heat for about 8 minutes per side.
- Serve with kale chips, vegan feta, pickled red onions, cauliflower rice, or whatever flavor explosion floats your boat.