If a picture says a thousand words, that one is a whole novel.
A glorious, silky, golden novel.
Am I right or am I right?
Every novel has a theme.
So what’s this granola butter all about?
Think teddy grams in a jar meets cinnamon toast dripping from a spoon.
Let’s make it.
Start by spreading oats and coconut on a baking sheet.
Then toast them up until golden brown and fragrant.
This is the hardest part of the whole sha-bang.
It takes patience and consistent stirring.
But that golden deliciousness is oh so so worth it.
Let the oat mixture cool, then dump into a food processor.
Pulse until it transforms into a flour-ish consistency.
Add the olive oil, maple syrup, and coconut sugar.
Blend to combine.
Be patient and allow the ingredients to fully incorporate.
The mixture will be thick and gloppy.
It’s all good.
Tahini will transform it into a silky masterpiece.
Pour it in.
Add some cinnamon.
There we go…
Ultimate hart eyes for that consistency.
Transfer that drippy goodness to a glass jar to store.
(I dare you to do so without stealing a few spoonfuls…)
Sorry. I just st you up for failure.
Who could resist a lick of that?!
Store at room temperature for up to 10 days, or the fridge for longer.
FYI, it will solidify a bit in the fridge.
But just hat it back up and you’ll be good to go!
Enjoy with fruit, on toast, in banana bread, by the spoonful…opportunities are endless!
Grab your giant bag of oats and get to blendin!
Homemade Granola Butter
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread the oats on a lined baking sheet and toast for 24 minutes, stirring very 8 minutes (3 rounds total).
- Add the coconut to the oats and toast for another 32 minutes, stirring every 8 minutes (4 more rounds).
- Let the oats and coconut cool, then pulse in a food processor until a flour forms.
- Add the olive oil, maple syrup, and coconut sugar.
- Blend to combine.
- Pour in the tahini, sprinkle in the cinnamon and salt.
- Blend until silky smooth.
- Store in an air-tight container.