If you could only eat one food genre for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Mine would be Mediterranean. Hands down.
Don’t think I’d ever get tired of the bright, fresh, salty, herby, vibrant flavors.
I’m a believer that kalamata olives and feta go with pretty much everything.
So why not throw them into a breakfast biscuit?!
These fun fluffy guys were inspired by this recipe from Bites by Mia, but simplified a bit and with a Mediterranean twist.
Cauliflower is the star veggie here, but feel free to sub in whatever riced or grated veggie you have on hand.
The recipe calls for a mix of feta and parmesan, but again, cheese substitutes are welcome!
Start by mixing your veggies, eggs, and cheese.
Why does my cauliflower look green?
I actually used the leaves from the outside of the head of cauli – cause no food waste here!
Dry ingredients are next: almond flour, baking powder, and pepper.
You could add additional spices here like garlic, onion, turmeric…get creative!
Last, but certainly not least, the mix-ins!
As I mentioned, I love olives and basil. But if those aren’t your thing, swap them out!
I think you get the idea: this recipe is totally adaptable!
Time to shape the biscuits and get them in the oven.
I used a large ice cream scoop, but a spoon would also work.
Be patient while they get nice a golden in the oven.
Ta-da! You’re all done.
These would be perfect for meal-prep, brunch, a midnight snack…just make a double batch, cause they’ll be gobbled up in the blink of an eye!
I already can’t wait to make another batch!
What flavor combo should I try next?
Grain-Free Mediterranean Veggie Biscuits
- 1 cup riced caulflower *sub any other veggie
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup diced kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the cauliflower, eggs, and cheese.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Chop about 10 olives and a big handful of basil. Mix into the dough.
- Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to dollop the dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Shape the biscuits and press down slightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.